The Elephant Mixtapes project is simple: I make 10 copies of a mix tape every month. From there they are hidden in various places in Chicago, Ill. If you find it you do the following:
- Find the contact info inside the tape’s artwork.
- Take a picture (with or without you in it) of the tape and a description of where you found it.
- Write a little something about the music.
Of course this is completely voluntary and, if you wish, anonymous. If you don’t feel like contributing simply leave the tape and continue with your day.
From there you have a few choices:
- Hide it again for someone else to find.
- Make a copy for yourself and give it to a friend.
- Keep it forever near your heart.
Why am I doing this, you ask? Simple: I enjoy making mixtapes. Combine that with the pleasure of giving or happening upon a little gift is something everyone can enjoy. In addition, it will, hopefully, be interesting to see where these cassettes travel to and into whose hands they may land.
All pictures, reviews, etc. may be sent to:
Thanks for your participation.